Well, actually a little longer than a month… but who is really counting? In just five short weeks, Desmond and I have been to several shows and appearances. Here is a rundown: we attended our first C2E2 on April 13th-15th, our first Penguicon on April 27th-29th, our first Free Comic Book Day on May 5th and the Motor City Comic Con on May 18th-20th. All of these events were awesome and inspiring in their own right.
So much happened in the past five weeks that I’ll spare you lengthy explanations (and probably a lot of spelling errors) and give you a list of awesome things.
• Releasing Desmond’s Big Book Number One at C2E2… soon to be on sale here on Desmond’s site.
• Seing the Chris and Shane Houghton in Novi again! Plus, my wife and I hanging out with them and Morgan Eagleton at Gatsby’s after Motor City!
• Hanging out with Jay P Fosgitt and Jay Jacot at 21st Century Comics for Free Comic Book Day. Then going out for pizza and beer with Guy Davis and Rosemary Van Deuren afterwards!
• Being a monster of karaoke with Mike Roll, Justin Castaneda and Nicole Solis at Brando’s Speakeasy in Chicago.
• Meeting Dave Adams, who invited me to be a Nifty guest at Penguicon.
• Giving two awesome panels with Megan Rose Gedris at Penguicon.
• Meeting so many cool up-and-coming young artists at Motor City, including Chris and Nick. Also seeing some up-and-comers that I met last year, like Jonah and Tyler.
• Live Irish folk singing in Kitty O’Shea’s in Chicago.
• Being part of the Web Comic Beacon podcast after Penguicon.
• Sketching Little Ref Riding Hood of the Ann Arbor Derby Girls.
• Debuting the new Desmond pull-up banner at Motor City! (I wish I took a picture of it. Nice going, Foo.)
• Walking around C2E2 and taking tons of pictures of costumed beauties with Desmond and his Kissing Booth! (I took so many pictures, that I don’t even have all of them up yet!)
• Adding a few more pics to Desmond’s Kissing Booth from Motor City. This includes an affectionate Catwoman (below right) and a female Ash Ketchum. (Female Ash didn’t actually kiss Desmond… she just couldn’t stop laughing.)
So many things happened that I know I am forgetting a lot of great moments. Thanks to everyone who stopped by. It was a pleasure to meet you, or see you again! The next two stops this summer will be HeroesCon in Charlotte and Kids Read Comics in Ann Arbor. If I haven’t seen you yet this year, I hope to see you then. And even if I have seen you already, I hope to see you again!